1 pouch Ghirardelli Chocolate Chunk Cake mix
3/4 cup water
1 egg
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp flaked coconut
2 Tbsp chopped pecans
1. Heat over to 350. Bake cake mix as directed on package, using 3/4 cup water.
2. While cake is baking, mix oats and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture is well blended. Stir in coconut and pecans. Sprinkle over hot cake.
3. Set control to broil. Broil cake with 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until topping is light golden brown. Serve warm or cool. 8 servings.
The original recipe is to use a Betty Crocker Snackin Cake chocolate chunk cake mix. I didn't see one plus I like Ghirardelli chocolate much better. You may choose to use which ever you prefer. Instead of using oil I used all water. It looks so good and can't wait to taste it for tonight. ENJOY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment